It's been almost a month since my last entry.  So let me give you a little update on what's been going on.  Admittedly I haven't done a whole heck of a lot with music licensing, but I've been busy with my band, Brother Howe (we had a show, a contest, and have released a new maxi-single) and also with my other blog, which has been fun for me.  Regardless, I've let these things get in the way, but at least it can't be said that I'm lazy. 

So the challenge last time was that I contacted my contact at BMI asking for their film and tv department.  A few days later he DID respond with an email address for their film and tv department and a phone number.  I sent an email in asking them what resources they had for one of their members.  That was over three weeks ago, so I think they're blowing me off.  Looks like I'll have to make phone call.

Another challenge was that I had put together an email to send out to music supervisors and to begin sending it out.  I procrastinated and procrastinated and finally this morning sent out eight emails, two of which came back as undeliverable.  I tried personalizing them a little bit.  For example, I sent an email in to America's Funniest Home Videos in which I made a suggestion (something like, "I think this song would work well for a montage of people running into things or being dizzy") and then I included a link in the email which plays the song immediately if they click it using Tunepak from Reverbnation.  We'll see if that approach works or not. 

And finally, I had put together a list of four local ad agencies.  However, I have yet to call them.